Followers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Could you not tarry?


Matt. 26:4040 And He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “So, you men could not keep watch with Me for one hour?

Last Sunday Aug. 19th after attending church, we made a commitment to pray for America. This was to align with the “Harvest America” crusade. The church we visited, Calvary Chapel Kona, decided to pray for 24 hours starting at 8 o’clock Saturday morning and ending at 8 o’clock Sunday morning. Our assigned time was from 4 to 5 Sunday morning. The people could meet at the church and pray at their chosen assigned time. We decided to stay at home and pray.
So we rose at the appointed time and stumbled to the living room; not fully awake yet. We sat down and began to pray. I wasn't sure if I should close my eyes as I was afraid I’d fall asleep. We started to pray and there were a few yawns at first then our spirits were awakened. It was like having your first cup of coffee.

Well the purpose of this time of prayer was to pray for America. So we started. And it wasn’t long before we were lifting up the people of this great nation to God. Then we focused on those in leadership…those who hold the reins of this country in their hands. We did not pray that they would steer this country in the direction they believed it need to go. We prayed that they would turn from their wicked ways and turn to God. We prayed that they would place control of their lives in the hand of God. That they would individually humble themselves and pray and seek His face. That they would seek forgiveness. If they did that then we believe God would hear from heaven….forgive their sin and heal the land.

It wasn’t long before we realize that this country we call America is made up of millions of families. And it’s the family that needs our prayers as well. We then turned our focus toward our family. It wasn’t long before we were praying for our siblings and their children. Then we turned our focus towards you, our friends and neighbors. Quite frankly…all of us are part of the make-up of America. And we all have been ask to “Tarry for one hour.” We’ve been ask to pray for one hour every day. And like most of you…I’ve not done that. But I’m committed to do just that. I will do what Jesus asks in Matt. 26:38; Then He said to them,My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me.”

I would encourage all of you to do the same. I do this not for this country? I do it for me and my relationship with God. I do this because I need it and I desire to walk with God in the cool of the day. And as I or should I say “We” spend our hour with Him then I believe 2Chron 7:14 will happen…If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
Come and join me and let’s commit to spend an hour of quality time with God every day. See you in the Garden.

Blessings
Carl Namahoe

2 comments:

  1. Carl,

    “If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

    This verse is part of a poster I have framed in my home office to remind me of the importance of praying for our nation, our people, our friends and family. Blessings to you...and see you in the garden my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a timely reminder of the importance of prayer, I'll do my best to keep this up Carl!

    ReplyDelete